Friday, August 12, 2005

Magic Tongue

It is pure joy for me to watch Luke draw or paint a picture or cut something out of paper these days as he is at that age where anything he does with his hands, especially if it requires extra concentration, is accompanied by a wild tongue dance. His tongue is enchanted with magic powers that help him create and do and be - it moves at lightning speed and travels many miles in even one simple drawing of a person or a jellyfish. I try not to laugh out loud, because he is so Serious and Intent on his work, but sometimes I can't help it - that tongue is just flittering and fluttering and swooping around - and then I just tell him it's his creation that makes me so happy, which is also the truth.

Here is the box Luke has been making while I've been making mine. I think it rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment