Friday, November 19, 2010

Six To Go

Just heard the sad news that my grandmother, the artist, is no longer creating art. Art of any sort. I knew it was a matter of time... her art has gone from "wow, she's amazing" to "we are glad it keeps her busy". But no longer even that. Alzheimer's. It sucks. And yes, I do believe it's an epidemic. I know too many people, personally, who have it to think otherwise.

Here is an article by Dr. Mercola, with what seems to be some very commonsense ways to try to avoid it - they are all just smart ways to stay healthy in the first place, so it can't hurt.

Six more beads to go for my "500 Beads Alzheimer's Disease" donation. I'm looking forward to writing that check. For doing something, no matter how small, to try to put an end to this horrid disease. Thank you to all of my customers for all of my sales - each bead sold makes me so happy to be one closer.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that Pam..its a horrible dibillating disease and my heart goes out to anyone dealing with it~

    ReplyDelete