Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Another Favorite

Gingersnaps.



Everyone in the family loves these, and they won't last long. Another keeper from "Gluten-Free Baking Classics" by Annalise Roberts. This book is quickly becoming my favorite gluten-free baking book - though I admit I don't follow the recipes exactly - I like real butter, not shortening, and I mix up the sugars with whatever I'm in the mood for, and I don't add in the icky xanthan gum. But the basics are solid and so far my results have been rave-worthy. Luke says these gingersnaps are the kind of cookie he could eat all day. I guess I'll have to double the batch next time!



Gingersnaps

3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
1 large egg
1/4 cup molasses

1 3/4 cup brown rice flour mix (I used GF Classical Blend sold by Authentic Foods)
1/4 cup sweet rice flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 375. Cream together butter and sugar, add in egg and molasses. Combine dry ingredients and add to the wet - mix well. Drop by spoonfuls on baking sheet, sprinkle some sugar on top, bake for 8 to 10 minutes.

Super simple! Enjoy!

1 comment: