Thursday, November 03, 2005

I just want to make art today

But it is just not going to happen - it's just too big a mess to deal with and all the other things would not get done. I'd also like to curl up in bed all day reading my latest guilty pleasure - the newest Outlander book - but it's not going to happen either - if I did that, Luke would turn the living room upside down with all his toys. If I close my eyes for a second, it all seems to explode around me. How in the world am I supposed to keep this place looking good with two big dogs and a 5-year old? I'm thinking of putting Luke in school 5 days a week till the house sells... but what to do with the dogs?

Instead I will call and get the furnace serviced, the septic pumped, the water maker in the fridge repaired and continue the keeping up of this house - I have floors to mop and a glass studio that needs a major pick-up and a garage that needs the same. The dogs need walking and it's pouring out of course. Problem is, I really don't think I have it in me today - I think I inhaled enough bathroom cleaning chemicals yesterday to last me a year. And somehow, I gave my calf muscles a really bad work-out and they are screaming at me now. And I'm just so tired. Maybe I'd be smarter to use the money I'd spend on two extra days a week of preschool for a housecleaner instead. YES. That is what I need to do. Hmn... more phone calls then. I really, really just want to play hookey and make art though.

Here's my Tyger boy - he loves it when I paint - he likes to sit next to me and watch. I wonder why.

No comments:

Post a Comment