- Sidewalks. Yes, I'm sooooo excited about sidewalks!
- All those windows - I finally get to play with window treatments.
- Rooms to paint. With color even! I'm thinking of painting the living room a tuscan gold with cream trim and black on the window pane frames. Or! An icy blue with white trim... and I'm thinking of making the master a robins egg blue... maybe. So many choices!
- A bathroom or two to remodel.
- A real yard.
- Circular Driveway.
- Parks to walk to.
- Swimming Pools & Parks less than 5 minutes away.
- Cute shops and restaurants.
- Trader Joes just up the street.
- My friend Becky will be really close by.
- My friend Lara will be really close by.
- Community College with Art Classes just up the street.
- More Sunshine/Less Rain (really!)
- A patio to plan and build.
- Kids for Luke to play with in the neighborhood.
- Schools in the same town - and we can walk to school!
- Room to plant a garden.
- Saturday market all summer.
- Summer Festivals.
- Great kids programs at the parks.
- Dog's park at the beach.
- Lower gas prices at the pump.
Tuesday, November 15, 2005
Moving Ahead - Staying Still
It's that limbo thing - being busy but not feeling like I'm moving ahead, and having to stop and wait be patient at the same time - that drives me nuts. So yesterday I made some beads to try to get out of that stuck feeling, and later on today I'll clean them and maybe turn a couple of them into necklaces. It was fun to melt glass again. And in the meantime, I've been counting out the things I love about our new home in Edmonds - to remind me why I'm doing all of this. Here are some of them - I could keep going but I have to go deliver a big order of jewelry that just sold!