Tuesday, December 06, 2005

A New Day

I'm trying to have a better outlook today. It's not working very well... I couldn't bring myself to go up to the new house and start cleaning... I'm afraid of what I'll find there this time... so we went to paint Christmas ornaments instead, but that didn't help really... and so I'm trying my old stand-by: I'm making a list - or two or three. Let's see if this helps.

Things I'm doing to make things better:
  1. Made an appointment with my woo-woo energy/feng shui person to come up to the new house and clear the house of past-owner energy, check for geopathic stress and energetically discourage rats from living in our house and property. I told her about the rat problem - thinking she'd want to come out after that was all taken care of, but she thinks she can help. I'll take all the help I can get!
  2. Made an appointment with architect to help us design new master bathroom. This is the same architect who helped us with our Carnation home and I really enjoyed working with him. It will be fun to have a plan and be able to move forward with this.
Things to buy or gather together from here before going back up there:
  1. A good garbage bin with a tight lid.
  2. A shovel or long handled dust bin thing.
  3. Rubber gloves.
  4. Disinfectant spray.
  5. A mop & floor cleaner.
  6. Cleaning supplies.
Things I want to buy, but probably won't:
  1. A Hoover Floormate.
  2. An E.Z Reacher tool.
  3. A pedicure.
Things I'm looking forward to doing once we actually move into the new house:
  1. Starting up with a CSA like Pioneer Organics to get fresh, local, organic, seasonal fruits and veggies delivered to the door. Would love to hear if anyone knows of a better CSA for the Edmonds area.
  2. Starting a dailing walking routine. With or without the dogs and/or Luke. (Yay sidewalks!)
  3. Getting a team of babysitters lined up.
  4. Finding and hiring an affordable house cleaner so I will have time to make art - even if the art only pays for the house cleaner, it's still a win-win situation.
  5. Getting out and meeting Kim from Something To Say for coffee and art talk.
  6. Joining a Stitch n' Bitch group and getting out and making some new crafty friends.

There, that's a start. Will keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment