Monday, December 05, 2005

Rats Rats Rats

Ugh. I have had it with the Edmonds house. I don't know what to do. I guess I'll have to give it a little time to see if the exterminators have done a good job or not, but I'm thinking we have not seen the last of the rats. Today Luke and I saw way more than we wanted to - we walked into the house to find one on the living room floor - dying. I don't know how or why... if it got trapped inside, now that the exits are sealed... or if it got injured in a snap trap... or what. I thought it was dead, told Luke to stay away from it while I figured out what to do... but curious Luke... had to get close to see the details (Look Mom - it has little tiny hands!) - and then I saw it wink and one of it's whiskers twitch. OMG.

THIS time I got lucky, the exterminators were there finishing up and cleaning up and so I asked them to remove it. But I know there will be a day when there will be no one to ask for help and I'll have to do it myself. Or what if the dogs find it first... or... Tyger (the rat was half the size of my cat!)... or... yuck - all the scenarios running through my head are too much for me. I figure I need a plan for next time... but I don't have one. Especially if it's still alive. What do I do - chase it with a broom??? Or what if it's (gasp) in the toilet - I just read that they can travel up through the sewer pipes. You are supposed to squirt some dish soap in through the closed toilet (why??) and wait a little (again, why??) and then flush. OMG. OMG. OMG. What if it's not there when you first sit down??? What have I gotten into with this house????

I need some success stories to know that we are not just wasting our time and money here. Is it possible to get rid of them??? I am so grateful that our Carnation house has not sold yet. Only one person has even come to look at it - it's like the Universe knows and is keeping us safe here while we figure out what to do. Which brings me back to.... what do I do???

No comments:

Post a Comment