Thursday, April 06, 2006

Starbucks

It started out as a way to get a dig in. My husband, for the past year or so, has used evey opportunity to rag on me about my Starbucks habit. When we first moved to the new house he took great joy in pointing out all the local Starbucks, as if he were doing me a favor, but really he was just poking his little barbs into me because he knew I knew he thought I was wasting so much money. I used to get pretty angry at him, because it's not like... well, you don't really want to hear my list of rationalizations do you?

But I don't let it get to me any more - I always say I already knew about that one or I've already tried that one out... or whatever. And I take every opportunity to leave little reminders of my addiction where he can find them. An empty Starbucks container in his car's cup holder, an empty snack bag in the back seat, a starbucks cup on the top of the trash on garbage day... etc. Luke is on to him too and helps me out.... "Dad, can we stop at Starbucks? I'm thirsty." Or, "Hey Guys, I see a Starbucks Queen, can we stop?" Oh, I love that boy. And the Starbucks gift card from the in-laws this Christmas - that was PRICELESS. I laughed and laughed. And enjoyed every penny that was on it.

Today Frank sent me a link with this ad.



My response, "Oh.... THAT'S tempting!" He just laughs now, because it has turned into a game. What he doesn't know, is I plan on kicking the habit one day soon. But then there is Luke to consider, I'm not so sure he's going to be as supportive as Frank when the time comes.

1 comment:

  1. :) All this just sounds too familiar. My husband went beyond nagging actualy. He bought a fancy coffee machine and some Starbucks cofee beans in the hope of keeping me out of Starbucks. Well, I just like my caramel macchiato and nothing is going to replace it at least for a while.

    I just saw your blog. I will enjoy reading your posts...

    ReplyDelete