Monday, February 25, 2008

A Work In Progress of a New Sort

I've been looking for a shelf, or a hutch thing, something, anything, to go on top of my work bench in my studio to hold all my beads and keep things organized. I couldn't find what I was looking for and decided yesterday to make it. I'm no woodworker... but I'm not going for a piece of art or anything close. Rustic is fine. I want to put all my beads in little glass canning jars, so I wanted the shelfs narrow to fit them. Here's my wood. I was hoping to get Frank to cut it for me (I marked all the spots where I want it cut), but he didn't get home until too late. I'll try cutting it myself tomorrow... by hand, because I have this stupid fear of power tools. Oh well. Maybe I'll get one or two done.

shelf1

No comments:

Post a Comment