Friday, August 22, 2008

A Day at the Lake

Coffinbury Lake, Fort Stevens Park. What a beautiful little spot on this earth. Zoe swam for hours and I do mean hours. Mostly in circles. People would come up to me and ask if she was ok. Or how I trained her to do that. Or how come the other dog wasn't swimming too. Or... how was I going to get her out...

Zoe

swimmer

When I did get her out, she wasn't happy. She wanted back in, but I was afraid she was getting hypothermia. She was whining to go back in though, crazy girl.

Zoe

Frank and Luke went fishing while all of this was going on. They rented a boat and headed out.

boats for rent

Frank & Luke

fishermen

Meanwhile, Kesia was nice enough to hang out with me while I watched everyone else having fun swimming or fishing. Well, ok, neither one was really on my plan for the day, but sitting on the dock in the sun WAS.

Kesia

Kesia

Eventually, the boys came back from their boat ride (no fish caught) and joined me on the dock. Except by then Zoe was shivering and whining because she wanted to go back in and I wouldn't let her and I was ready to leave. However, this went on until almost dark:

fisherman

Luke

Luke

Sadly, no fish were caught off the dock either. Many photos were taken though.

Luke

Luke

Luke

water

Beech Reflection

No comments:

Post a Comment