Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Getting Ready for School

Mad rush to get everything done that needs doing before back-to-school and back-to-work starts. Of course, it's crazy, the tree people are here cutting all our trees down and so Luke and I were stuck here in case they had questions or needed something. Good thing we had a project and half - I bought a desk for him yesterday to replace his little blue toddler table and chairs (he loved them so much but is finally outgrowing them and agrees it's time for them to go). So we got that in his room, took down his baby art and put up a surfer poster and a world map and now his room is looking very grown up with lots of space to do homework and stuff. Because we hear, 2nd grade has a LOT of homework. I put a cork board behind the desk hutch too - I think that was very smart of me, don't you? Hah.

luke's room

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great room, not only is it cool, but there is so much education going on just in that room: maps, instruments, calendar, excellent desk, and I am sure I have missed something. He's got it going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cork board in the opening of the desk. What a great idea. I always have notes and stuff I need to be able to find without digging. Must put it on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete