Today I went through the run and totally predator-proofed - I sandwiched the hardwire walls between a second inside board on the bottom and put screws with washers along the top. I also added a second latch to the door, one that closes behind me when I go in. And I added a string to pull from the inside to get out again! I also added a pull cord for the pop door. So... the run is finished, aside from a roost. Though the girls think the new zig-zag chicken ramp is a roost, of course they do!
We also worked some more on the doors. Here's a shot where you can see how complicated my design is. Oh well, we will get it right.
And, sadly, I had a casualty today. My trusty old wagon did not survive the building of the chicken coop. Darnit!
Oh well. The rest of my patio pavers will have to wait until I get a new one. Tomorrow I'm painting the inside of the coop and we have the one more door and then the coop is done! I think...