Thursday, May 25, 2006

Books

I've been reading. This is what happens when you get sick and can't unpack. It's probably a good thing since I needed a break.

Book:06 - Interpreter of Maladies, by Jhumpa Lahiri. Amazing short stories that stay with you when you have finished reading them.

Book:07 - Angels & Demons, by Dan Brown. I liked this better than Davinci Code and wish I'd read them in the right order.

Book:08 - A Dirty Job, by Christopher Moore. I will never look at a blackbird the same way again. Frank laughed-out-loud reading his way through this one, and I'm not sure I ever even giggled (but then I was sick), though it was entertaining. Strange and weird and twisted. I think Lamb was much better.

Book:09 - A Rose for the Crown, by Anne Easter Smith. Frank got this for me for my birthday. Again, a historical novel, this one much more based in history than the last one I read... though the heroine was very much a woman with a modern spirit. It was a good read right from the beginning and the story was one I kept thinking about for days after I'd finished the book. Poor King Richard...

No comments:

Post a Comment