Sunday, March 11, 2012

Before and After

I'm still so amazed about this whole post-processing/texturizing photos thing... how did I even discover it? I can't remember, it's a whirlwind... and has happened so fast. I think I was trying to make photo collages... oh yes, it started with the iPhone apps, and led to one thing after another. There is still so much I want to do, but I find myself getting caught up in the processing details... the "What if I do this?" and "What if I do that?". But I'll get there. There is definitely not enough time in the day, and way too many options and things to do with each photo.

I love the before and afters. Sometimes, the before is so hum-drum and imperfect... and yet the texture and processing can just make it into something worth looking at.



And sometimes I think, the photo is just fine the way it is...that doesn't happen very often, and it always surprises me when it does, probably because so many of my photos come out blurry or exposed wrong...

Like this one...this tortoise shell. I can't think of a thing that would improve upon it. Wouldn't it be fun to have a pet tortoise?


No comments:

Post a Comment