Friday, March 09, 2012

Beyond Layers Day 16: Whisper

OK, wow, when it comes together easy and wonderful... it's so much better when you just keep trying and tweaking and trying and it still doesn't work. I tried to use Kim's recipe for whisper on a couple of shots... but I just didn't like it for my close up shots... I think it works great on her photos where a lot of the image can be blurred out but I didn't love it on big florals which is all I have right now... and then I happened on this, and I feel it has the same whispery feeling, and I love it... so I'm stopping here and moving on. I think "whisper" is also one of the lessons in The Art of Texture Secrets class, so, two birds with one stone here. Yay!


Two layers of KK's Happy Heart, and one of Embrace, a pioneer woman's action "Soft and Ethereal", and that's really it, aside from shooting in RAW and tweaking it in there to get the colors to pop first. You can see the popping one in yesterday's blog post below. Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, I've wanted to learn how to use textures for awhile. I might have to pick your brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES, yes, and yes...this image has the definitive WOW factor...stunning in its beauty, evenness of tone and use of text/font color...it all does come together in your image!
    Sue from New Bern

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking another look...from Beyond Layers

    ReplyDelete