Saturday, September 01, 2007

A Fresh Start

There is just something about September... it feels... like a fresh start. Time to get organized and into a routine... and back to work. I'm looking forward to it.

I've been organizing my studio - I put together some new storage racks for my glass rods. It's beautiful - it makes the glass just sparkle.



Luke starts school in five days. We are all very excited about it - it's a new school, another one of those "I'll never do that when I'm a parent" things - we are putting him in private school, even though we have a perfectly fine public school next door. It's going to be the best thing for him though, really great: small class sizes, great teachers, he'll be learning computers, Spanish, art and art history, music, drama and of course the regular stuff, reading, writing and math. They have a photography club, chess club, astronomy club and some discovery club and he wants to join all of them. And in the winter they have Ski Fridays - and parents get to go skiing with the kids too. When he's older he will go on the best field trips - learning to sail, mountain climbing, NY City and Washington DC... such cool experiences coming his way.

So, five days and counting... I'll be back with some pretty things to show, and sell, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment