Saturday, February 09, 2008

365 days of colour: day 40

mona

Meet Mona. She's a manequin I bought a few years ago - if you have been following my blog for awhile, you'll remember Frank came home late the night she arrived and I had left her on the dining room table, apparently glowing in the moonlight or something. Anyway, she scared him - freaked him out so much that he actually woke me up asking what the hell??? I still laugh about it every time I look at her. The next day he decided she needed a name and started calling her Mona, and so she has been, ever since, Mona.

Most days she wears an eclectic collection of necklaces, so many that it looks like body armor and you don't notice how naked she is. Yesterday I decided I needed her to photograph my new line of necklaces... however, it didn't take me long to remember why I don't use her for that - she's plastic and sort of shiny and the pictures never look good. So she's getting a long needed and much thought about face lift. I'm going to plaster her with music sheets. And paint her. And distress her. And when she's done, if all goes well, she's going to make a great backdrop for my jewelry. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment