Thursday, February 10, 2011

Some Hearts

Love. I love melting glass. And I love it that my husband traded places with me yesterday so that I could "go to work" and melt glass. And that he got to experience a full day of "homeschool" which actually means, not a whole lot of time at home, strangely enough. And I'm almost caught up on custom orders now, which also means, I have photos to share.

I'll start with some hearts. Hearts = love, after all.

It's the time of year for hearts, isn't it? Actually, I like hearts all year round, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I enjoy making them too, and especially enjoyed making this first one, which you can see front and back. It's a very special bead with a very special story for a very special woman. I'm happy with the way it turned out, and I know she will treasure it for always and forever. And that makes me feel extra good about it.





And then there are these two, which are made with veiled Gaffer glass - they turn out looking like a watercolor painting, I think. I hope one of these is "just right" for my customer because these are the only two "blue" glasses I could find for them. I love it that they are not traditional pink. But then anything blue makes me happy.



7 comments:

  1. I love hearts all year round myself Pam. I am so happy you got a day to melt glass. It always makes my day better to feel the heat and watch those rods change from a solid to a liquid ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something magical about the whole process, isn't there, Rita? I also find it's better than meditation for clearing your head and getting centered again. I feel like a new person today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first two hearts, they are gorgeous.
    Greetings
    Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful hearts - Hearts are my very favorite thing. Your colors are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first one is, of course, my favorite. Your usual jaw dropping gorgeousness. What I like about the custom order is the genie effect, all swirly colors floating thru there. And a big hurrah for the Mr. Homeschooling duties are usually outside their comfort zone. (At my house anyway). :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't thank you enough, Pam .. I absolutely love them. Thank you so much for your beautiful work - such absolute treasures! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love hearts year round too. And blue is my favorite color. Beautiful work, I think I could look at the first one for hours :-)

    ReplyDelete