Friday, August 12, 2011

Bead Soup Blog Party Is Here!

It's that time again! Lori Anderson has been hard at work matching up 363 people for this one - wow! Check out the list here: Bead Soup Blog Party.

Remember how it works? She matches us up with a partner that she thinks may give us some challenges? And we exchange a focal and a pretty clasp, and then go to work adding our own beads and creating something new and hopefully different from what we normally make.

Well, this time, my partner is Linda Inhelder, of Must-Haves. She makes beautiful silver and beaded jewelry - really pretty things. Like this:



I'm sure whatever I send her will not be a challenge. Except that I just found out that she had an accident and will have one hand in a cast for some time. She probably won't be making anything for quite a bit. I'll be sending her something in the next couple of days, regardless. Wishing her a speedy recovery!

She managed to get my package out to me before all that, and it arrived last night - very pretty blues and greens and browns. Just my kind of colors, right? YES. Lovely. Baltic amber, dyed apatite, carved quartz flowers,and some fine silver pretties, some charms she made, a few circle links. And a few other goodies. I have NO IDEA what I'm going to do with it all. None!

My favorites are probably the amber and the little sea shell charm and silver links. But in my mind... I just can't see how to fit them together. But, I'm sure I'll figure it out. Definitely a challenge!

Here's the goods:







Thanks Linda! Get well soon! And thanks to Lori too - I know this is a huge undertaking for her - but so worth it - I hope!













6 comments:

  1. beautiful beaded jewelry, I like your blog

    All the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how gorgeous...am loving the look of that amber!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the turquoise and amber - I can see that looking fantastic with some sari silk! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice challenge! I know you will come up with a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanted to add, I've been a fan of your beads for some time! (LE)

    ReplyDelete