Sunday, January 29, 2006

Inspiration

These doors. Found on page 13 of Where Women Create. Are what my studio will look like. Today I'm going to try to rip up the vinyl tiles and see what I need to do to the cement to get it ready for a cement treatment of some sort... and then I'll figure out how to wash the walls in these colors. Or maybe I should do it the other way around? So I don't ruin the floor when I paint the walls? I'll figure it out.



And here are Luke's glow in the dark clay creations. A butterfly, a one-eyed dragonfly and a turtle.

2 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous patina! It will look stunning in your studio. I would do the walls first, then the floor, as no matter how careful I am, I always end up painting the floor as well as the walls. And dropcloths are just for slipping and stumbling about on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Nina :) I tried to pull up the floor but will need something to get the glue up so I put it back. You are right, do the walls, ruin the floor, then do the floor.

    ReplyDelete