Sunday, August 17, 2008

My New Favorite Necklace

my new favorite necklace

I love this thing! It's SO me. It's been in my head now for oh... 2, maybe 3 years - however long I've been making these flower wheels. I have tried several ways of stringing/wiring it together, but it's never worked out. Then Luke came home from Summer Camp knotting friendship bracelets and that looked a bit easier than the fancy ways of macrame/knotting that some people do, and since it was hot and I was feeling lazy, I decided to try it, and I like it! It only took about 4 hours to make, not including the time to make the beads, so still pretty time intensive... but not as much as the last fancy knotted necklace I tried to make and remains unfinished still.

I'll be wearing this one to the Frantz August Art Glass Bash - so if you are going, look for it and you'll find me!

3 comments:

  1. Pam, What a great necklace! It is gorgeous and elegant without being fussy.

    Only four hours! It was well worth it. Hope Luke will write us up a tutorial. I'm going to try a Stephanie Sersich bracelet one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Maggie, just google "friendship bracelets" and you will see the simple knotting technique I used. And yeah, ONLY 4 hours, LOL, I've made some (bigger/fluffier) that have been 16 hours or more, so 4 hours isn't bad. Still...

    Stephanie Sershich/Robin Atkins/Luke's friendship knot - all pretty much the same I think. It's just the stuff you add to it as you go along that makes it yours :)

    I'm going to make a bracelet soon too, see if I can get that to 2 hours maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful necklace! I'd like to try it too. Thanks for the tip on finding directions.

    ReplyDelete