Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Something Special

This. This is as special as it gets. I am sure that no other mother in the history of time has been gifted with something quite like this. For Valentine's Day, no less, though, it was late due to some design challenges.

A handmade, by my very own child, copper, pronged, ring, holding a big honking chunk of fossilized dino-poop. Yes, dino-poop, you did not read that wrong. Technically, fossilized prehistoric turtle poop, but dino-poop had a different kind of ring to it, doesn't it? Especially special as he found this lovely specimen himself, at Salmon Creek, WA.

Check it out, aren't you just a tiny bit jealous?

11 comments:

  1. That is absolutely fantastic! Well done Luke. You are one lucky Mom, Pam - and yes, I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes..wear that one with pride..nothing is finer than a creation from the kids.
    And poop nonethless..:-D thats great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am extremely jealous, and fossilized dino poop is something every mother wants! I have tears in my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, I can't top that. Moms of boys get the coolest stuff. Our latest is their desire to save the new puppy's teeth as they fall out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, that's special all right. You'll treasure that forever, and how wonderful it is that he's in a school/class where they do stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is totally priceless, what a thoughtful and loving son.
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I am jealous. My own child would rather skateboard, play lacrosse or the guitar or text his friends. Not a jewelry making bone in his body and I do love my jewelry!! he did a great job and instead of just gluing the poop on, he made prongs!! Great job Luke!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luke has done it again! What an amazing gift and such a treasure to guard close to heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Talent must run in your family.
    I am so impressed with your son's work.
    And dinosaur poop to boot!! ;-D

    How does it get better than that?
    Well done Luke!

    ReplyDelete