Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Like Father, Like Son

Luke played a prank on me yesterday: he invited me to play a game of cards with him, and set up a little bit of left-over oatmeal on my chair for me to sit on. I sat, I went around my day. We got into the car and were driving away and he started giggling. "Mom, you have a white thing on your pants." (giggle giggle giggle). "I don't see anything", I say. "That's a'cause it's on your BUTT!!!!" (all-out evil laughter). He 'fessed up and then when I got mad at him he said could we just forget about it, he didn't want to talk about it any more. Could we pretend it never happened, he said.

Of course we couldn't - and when I told Frank about it, he started smirking and laughing too. Turns out... it was for a prank very much like this one that he got kicked out of the Boy Scouts way back when. He meant to glue his friend to a chair... but his scout master sat in the chair instead. Luke wanted to know why he put glue all over the chair - why didn't he just do a little spot instead - that would have been better, he said. This is just the beginning, isn't it. (sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment