Friday, March 10, 2006

Pacific Northwest Dog Owners

Just thought I'd pass this along in case you didn't know about it already. Apparently there is a big outbreak of some horrible disease dogs are catching from rodent urine. I forget the name of it, in my head I just keep thinking "rat pee disease" but that's obviously not it. I think maybe it started with a P. Your vet will know what the heck I'm talking about because mine has been getting faxes from public health officials and such for days now. Anyway, it's mostly deadly - causes kidney failure. There's a vaccination for it and while my vet normally doesn't push vaccinations, she thought this one was pretty necessary and so we gave it to both our girls. Oh, and it can spread to humans too, if your dog catches it.

No comments:

Post a Comment