Sunday, April 03, 2011

Dreamin' of Chicken Coops

I've been looking at chicken coops for a week now. SO many cute coops! Here are some of the cutest I've found, starting with my favorite.


























Originally, we thought we'd buy a kit, but the more I look, the more I'm convinced a kit won't satisfy me. So, we are designing one ourselves, and will have the following features.

1. A storage solution for feed and extra bedding.
2. Easy to clean.
3. Walk-in run.
4. Sufficient cuteness-factor.
5. Safe and secure so I don't have to worry about my girls.

In the end, I hope it's a combination of these three coops, and I want to stain it dark and put a red metal roof on it... but I could change my mind before I get there.







4 comments:

  1. CUTE! This is my favorite..

    http://www.thefancyfarmgirl.com/heres-the-coop/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! That one in the middle with the arched doorway and the eggs sign in it? Looks like something out of the secret garden or something the way it looks all overgrown, etc. I LOVE that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I have no idea how you choose just one.

    I'm so happy to see another bead person in the A-Z challenge! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete