Sunday, April 17, 2011

Three Wood Walls and Two Wire Walls

The chicken coop is coming along! It feels like we got so much done today, and yet, there's still so much left to do. Doors, and ramps and windows and perches and latches... and a roof. Nothing goes as fast as you think it will either. But so far so good!

Frank put an extra shelf in my storage area... so now I'll have room for two big bags of pine shavings, a can of food, and a shelf for... I don't know what? What else will those chickens need? I'm sure it will come in handy.





And here it is, coming together.





The girls also outgrew their cute little driftwood perch, so Frank built them this big fancy one with two levels. They love it... of course. Chickens aren't picky.

3 comments:

  1. Nice work! I'm so jealous I need to start mine. My chicks are outgrowing their brooder as I type. They grow FAST, amazingly so. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coop is looking fantastic. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed at how wonderful this is coming along!! Your chickens will be high society!

    Sig

    ReplyDelete